LRAD Corporation, the innovator and distributor of the Long Range Acoustic Device™ (LRAD®) product line. LRAD’s directed sound products and systems enable security personnel to communicate clearly at safe distances, providing focused acoustic output to intelligibly transmit critical information, instructions and warnings at distances of 300 to 3,000 meters. LRAD creates increased stand off and safety zones, supports resolution of uncertain situations, and potentially prevents the use of deadly force.
Director, Business Development – Pacific Rim
This position is focused on regional domestic and international marketing, business development, and sales performance in the government and commercial sectors for Asia Pacific. This individual will be responsible for establishing and executing an integrated regional market development strategy. They will continuously build and refine front-end business operations to maximize revenue and profitability within assigned areas of responsibility. Your professional persistence enables you to acquired RFPs and generate new business. You must be a team player, have a positive outlook, and be a proven closer. You will work from you home office in the San Francisco/San Jose area and report to the Vice President of Business Development.
The ideal candidate must have an established process for managing a territory as well as for managing large accounts, including forecasting, quota attainment, short-term, mid-term, and long-term funnel management.
Must have the ability to deliver business value to customers and build on customer relationships. You must possess strong technical and business knowledge with complimentary skills to understand the customer’s business drivers and align with LRAD Corporation’s technical capability.
• Identify and develop opportunities for business expansion with government agencies and prime contractors.
• Generate new business in assigned territories through prospecting, cold calling and networking
• The ability to negotiate business deals to completion is essential. This Individual must be a proven closer.
• Identify customer needs and utilize solution-based selling to optimize LRAD Corporation’s technology
• Develop and maintain customer business relationships with government and commercial markets.
• Vigorously pursue more than one opportunity at the same time
• Proven experience in a technical sales environment working with multiple decision makers and influences during the sales cycle.
• Sole accountability for customer satisfaction and business growth within target market.
• Seven plus years of direct selling experience in business to business technology markets.
• Ability to interface with C level executives
• Prior experience with a defense contractor desired
• Experience in leveraging sales to key decision-makers within both the corporate and government sectors
• Experience selling new product into new markets
• Security background desired
• Military background a plus
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Aggressive, action-oriented, results-oriented, closing techniques
• Sales skills: prospecting, qualification, verbal presentation, and closing
• Extensive experience in account management, renewal sales, consultative selling, managing sales cycles, and maintaining client relationships
• Ability to negotiate large complex contracts.
• Demonstrated history of closing business opportunities and building long term relationships (consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota)
• Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, superior time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision are essential
• The ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
• Must be able to routinely lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
• Must be able to work outside in all types of weather
• Previous experience selling into government agencies and/or prime vendor desired
• College degree is required
Visit our website at www.lradx.com
LRAD Corporation is committed to workforce diversity, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.